Paint an underwater scene
Equipment you will need:
- Thick paper
- White, blue and black paint
- A palette or old plate
- Black pen
1. Start by adding a generous squirt of each paint to your palette.
2. Put some white paint on your brush and make a small white circle towards the top of your paper.
3. Add a small amount of blue paint to your brush and thoroughly mix it into the white, to create a tint of the blue colour.
4. Add a ring of this blue tint around the white circle on your paper. It looks best if you keep your brush strokes quite fluid.
4. Repeat steps 3 and 4, gradually adding rings of blue tint until it’s almost entirely blue.
5. Next, add a small amount of black paint to the blue, creating a shade of the blue colour. Add a ring of this darker colour to your painting.
6. Continue add increasingly dark rings of blue until you reach the edge of the paper.
7. Leave the paint to dry completely.
8. As a final step you may like to add some shadowy details with a black pen.