Makes 20 biscuits
You will need:
125g butter, softened
55g caster sugar plus extra to finish
180g plain flour
1. Preheat the oven to 190C. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Put the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Use a handheld mixer to beat together until smooth.
3. Add the flour and stir until fully combined.
4. Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll to approximately 1cm thickness.
5. Cut the dough into rounds or fingers and place on the prepared baking tray.
6. Sprinkle caster sugar over the top of your biscuits, then place the tray in the fridge and chill for 20 minutes.
7. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until pale golden brown. Allow to cool on a wire rack before serving.