Makes 20 cakes
You will need:
225g self-raising flour
75g caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Put the flour, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl and mix together.
3. Cut the butter into cubes. Add the cubes to the bowl and use your fingers to rub the butter into the mixture until you have something resembling fine breadcrumbs.
4. Add the raisins and combine.
5. In a separate bowl, beat together the egg, milk and vanilla extract.
6. Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until fully combined. You should have a thick dough.
7. Put tablespoon-sized balls of dough onto the prepared baking tray, leaving plenty of space between each one as they will spread.
8. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Cool on the tray for a couple of minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.