Makes 6 onigiri
You will need:
300g sushi rice
1 or 2 large nori sheets
1/2 small tin sweetcorn, drained
1/2 small tin tuna chunks
1.5 tsp soy sauce
1. Cook the sushi rice according to the instructions on the packet.
2. Once the rice is cooked, stir thoroughly and divide into 6 portions.
3. To make the filling, melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the sweetcorn and fry for 3 minutes.
4. Add the tuna and soy sauce and stir together. Remove from the heat.
5. To construct the onigiri, wet your hands and sprinkle a small amount of salt on them. Take a portion of rice and shape it roughly into a ball.
6. Make a small hole in the middle of the rice ball. Put a teaspoon of filling in the hole, then mould the rice over the top to cover.
7. Keep turning the rice over in your hands until you have a tightly packed ball. Gently shape the rice ball into a triangle.
8. Repeat steps 5 to 7 until you have used up all your rice.
9. Cut the nori sheets into 6 strips. Place a rice ball in the middle of each strip and fold the sides up. Serve immediately.