This art project requires creativity and patience. But once you’ve got the hang of it you’ll be amazed by the results!
Equipment you will need...
- Colourful scraps of paper
- A sheet of paper
- PVA glue
- Gather scraps of paper in an assortment of colours and cut them into small squares roughly 1cm x 1cm.
- On the sheet of paper sketch out the design that you’d like to mosaic. Remember that the more detailed it is, the more fiddly it will be to place the mosaic pieces!
- Start by laying approximately 10 squares of paper into position on your design with a small gap between each one. You may need to trim each piece so it better fits the area you’re covering or to make it look more interesting.
- Once you’re happy with how the pieces are looking, lift each one in turn, dab it with a little glue and return it to position.
- Work methodically in small sections positioning and then glueing the pieces. Working on one colour at a time is a sensible approach.
- Once you’ve created your entire design you may choose to cut it out or to colour in the gaps between each ‘tile’ – the choice is yours!