You will need:
- A square piece of paper
- Pens or pencils
1. Fold the paper in half diagonally. Unfold and refold in the other diagonal before unfolding again.
2. Fold three of the corners into the middle. The shape you’ve made should look like an open envelope.
3. Fold the bottom edge of the shape upwards so that the main area of the ‘envelope’ is folded in half.
4. Flip you shape over so that the folded piece is at the back and the point is downwards.
5. Fold one of the top corners down to meet the middle line of your shape. Repeat with the other corner.
6. Unfold one of the corner flaps and bring the crease that you made across so that it lines up with the middle line of your shape. You'll see that you've made a raised triangle. Press down the new crease that you’ve made which runs inside the raised triangle.
7. Push the outside of the triangle of paper inwards so that the top ridge of the triangle lines up with the outside edge. Press down all the new creases you’ve made.
8. Repeat with the other corner flap.
9. Bring the bottom point of the shape upwards so that it touches the folds above and crease.
10. Turn the shape over again so that the folds are at the back.
11. Fold one of the side points over so that it meets the body of the mushroom and crease firmly before unfolding.
12. Opening the cap of the mushroom a little, fold the side point inwards using the vertical creases you made in step 11 as a guide.
13. Repeat with the other side point.
14. Finish by decorating your mushroom however you would like.