Books with activities for confident readers aged 8 to 12.
Subscriptions are renewed automatically for your convenience. Renewal can be cancelled at any time via your account, subject to our terms & conditions.
Books with activities for confident readers aged 8-12
Venture beyond the bestseller list, celebrity authors and playground favourites with a carefully curated, age-appropriate book each month. Each letterbox-friendly parcel contains a brand-new chapter book to keep and bespoke activity pack that really brings the reading experience alive.
Exciting monthly book post for children aged 8 to 12
- Books in this category are typically more than 200 pages in length with fewer illustrations.
- Our Cockatoo subscription will introduce you to books and authors that you and your child may never have discovered for yourselves.
- Our Cockatoos will probably happily read these books by themselves - but we believe you will also enjoy reading them together.
- Subscribers get excited by the arrival of a brand-new book each month, motivating them to keep reading regularly.
- Each book comes with an 8-page activity pack designed specially to accompany it, along with stickers and a review card. The pack includes book-club style questions, word puzzles, fun facts, jokes, craft projects, a recipe and more, all inspired by that month’s book.
- Cockatoo subscribers also have access to our online Clubhouse where they will find more great activity ideas, fact, jokes and videos every month.
Subscribing for two siblings in the Cockatoo reading group?
Select the ‘Two children’ option above and receive a sibling-sized pack each month. We will address every parcel to both siblings and they will receive two of everything except the book itself which can be shared. Read more in our FAQs.
For guidance this category is aimed at children aged 8 to 12.
Shipping to all UK destinations is free. We also ship internationally and you can find details of international shipping charges here.
Your first letterbox-friendly parcel will arrive midway through the month after you set up the subscription.
We will send out a welcome pack containing a welcome note, reading log, pencil and bookmark within 2 working days of receiving your order.
- Subscribers also have access to an exclusive monthly competition to win a fabulous prize from our publisher partners.
- We make a 50p donation to CoramBeanstalk for every subscription box we ship. We are proud to support the amazing work they do placing reading helpers in schools across the UK.
- All our rolling subscriptions auto-renew at the end of each term for your convenience. You can opt to stop the renewal at any time before the payment is taken via your account page or by email to us.