Give them a taste of amazing Africa with these 3 stories about a spirited little girl from Lagos. They’ll have fun with our activity pack and enjoy using a keepsake pin and bookmark too.
Looking for gift ideas for kids that are not toys? We think books are the answer!
Too Small Tola by Atinuke tells three linked stories about a girl and her family living in Lagos. A gentle, eye-opening book that’s perfect for boys and girls aged 5+.
When Grandmummy needs help with the shopping, the taps in their flat don’t work and their neighbour needs help with his tailoring business, it’s Tola that saves the day. She may be small, but she’s stronger than people give her credit for.
Short chapters and illustrations throughout make this an ideal book for newly independent readers to enjoy alone. That being said, adults won’t want to miss out on the fun and it’s also great to read aloud together.
Our “Hooked on Books” enamel pin and high-quality bookmark are lovely keepsakes that little readers will be proud to use.
- A gift set is made up of a chapter book with accompanying activity pack, an enamel pin badge and a bookmark. It is wrapped in colourful tissue paper and sealed with a sticker.
- Sending a gift directly to the recipient? We’d love to include a handwritten note for you at no extra charge - just let us know at checkout.
- We ship all gift sets for free to UK destinations. International shipping is also available – prices shown at checkout.
- The keepsake pin is 35 x 28 mm and arrives on a backing card.
- The premium bookmark is 148 x 52 mm and printed on 810 gsm card.
- Each gift set is shipped in a 23 x 17 x 50 mm recyclable box with fully compostable and biodegradable packing chips to protect the book in transit.