Whether snuggled up at bedtime or relaxing during the day, holidays are the perfect time to enjoy more books as a family. This set of three beautifully illustrated early chapter books is perfect for reading aloud with stories the whole family can enjoy. More confident readers will enjoy having a go at reading themselves too.
3 chapter books for early readers with activity packs to enjoy too
- These fantastic, illustrated chapter books combine adventure and excitement. Kids will adore the human and not-so-human characters they meet and think a bit more deeply about family, friendship, courage and empathy.
- These three books have been enjoyed by young members of our award-winning subscription book club and their families.
- They’re brilliant for both boys and girls and were sent to children aged roughly 5 to 8 years old.
- All three are chapter books are between 80 and 150 pages long and featuring illustrations throughout. Whilst some subscribers read them independently, many enjoy having these stories read aloud to them.
- Each book comes with an 8-page A5 activity pack including book club-style questions, word puzzles, facts, jokes, craft, a recipe and more, all inspired by the content of that particular book.
- These activities really add to the fun of the bundle but also help children connect more deeply with what they’ve read and how it relates to their own lives.
** This bundle saves you 10% on buying each book and activity pack separately **
The books are:
Sona Sharma, Very Best Big Sister by Chita Soundar
Sona lives with her extended family in a busy and bustling house. When she discovers that she’s going to become a big sister, she’s not too sure she’s ready for such a big change.
But upon learning that there will be a naming ceremony for the baby she sets out to find the perfect name for her new brother or sister.
This gentle and beautifully illustrated story will transport you to India and is sure to become a family favourite.
Activities in the pack include making a firefly lantern, a recipe for traditional Indian sweets and facts about life in India, especially Diwali.
The Worries: Sohal Finds a Friend by Jion Seibani
Sohal has a lot of worries which often make him feel sad. One morning he discovers that these worries have come to life as a motley band of funny creatures and when Hurt, Fail, Anger, Big and Alone tag along with him to school he finds his world turned upside down!
This fun and beautifully illustrated story has an important message for kids about the importance of sharing our worries. Readers will empathise and it’s sure to spark many interesting conversations.
Activities in the pack include creating a worry monster, a recipe for an ice cream sundae and facts about hamsters!
The Animals of Madame Malone’s Music Hall by Laura Wood
Callie is spending the summer helping her Gran’s drama group save the local theatre. Crippled by stage fright, she’s too scared to star in the play herself. That is until she goes exploring backstage and stumbles into a world where a company of theatrical animals are putting on their own show!
This is a fun and heart-warming adventure about facing your fears with beautiful illustrations from Ellie Snowdon throughout.
Activities in the pack include creating finger puppets, designing a theatre costume and a recipe for gourmet popcorn!
THE IMPORTANT DETAILS:
- Free standard UK P&P is included and international shipping is available too.
- We are happy to include a handwritten note if you are sending this bundle as a gift - pop your message in the box during checkout.
- Each book and its activity pack are presented together with a simple paper belly band.
- Our activity packs, sticker sheets and belly bands are printed on uncoated paper which is fully recyclable.
- We are conscious of not adding any unnecessary plastic or excessive packaging to this bundle.
- This bundle is packed with biodegradable packing chips and shipped in a cardboard box - we’d be grateful if you would recycle it.