Whether at home or on the move, the holidays are a perfect time for kids to get lost in a good book. This curated set of three books plus activities is sure to keep them hooked.
3 adventure stories from around the world with activity packs
- Combining fantasy, drama, a touch of sci-fi and a huge dose of adventure these books complement each other perfectly. Kids will be rooting for the brave, clever, complicated characters they meet as they read.
- These three books have been given the seal of approval by young members of our award-winning subscription book club.
- They’re brilliant for both boys and girls and were originally sent to readers aged roughly 8 to 12-years-old.
- Each book comes with an 8-page A5 activity pack that was created specifically to accompany it. We include book club-style questions, word puzzles, facts, jokes, craft, a recipe and more, all inspired by the content of that particular book.
- These activities really add to the fun of the bundle but also serve a special purpose – helping children connect more deeply with what they’ve read and how it relates to their own lives.
** This bundle saves you 10% on buying each book and activity pack separately **
The books are:
Last Gate of the Emperor by Kwame Mbala and Prince Joel Makonnen
When he’s not being bored to tears at school, Yared is one of the star players of an underground augmented reality game that takes place on the streets of Addis Prime.
When the game is interrupted by a brutal attack everything that Yared thought he knew about his family and life in Addis Prime is thrown into question.
This fast-paced afro-futurist adventure is filled with action, drama and characters you’ll be rooting for.
Activities in the pack include designing a robotic pet, making a talisman, a recipe for sambusa and learning more about Ethiopia.
Bigfoot Mountain by Roderick O’Grady
Minnie lives with her stepfather Dan in a cabin between the sea and forest of the Pacific Northwest. Following the death of her mother they’re struggling to co-exist but all that changes when Minnie discovers enormous footprints she’s certain are from a sasquatch.
Kaayii and his clan are moving across the mountain to escape a devastating fire but find their plans hindered by the cabins on the shore.
As Minnie and Kaayii’s stories entwine we’re taken on an adventure across the mountain that explores the power of nature, friendship and love.
Activities in the pack include baking an apple pie, creating a piece of nature art, mindful colouring and redwood forests.
Lost by Ele Fountain
When their father fails to return from a business trip, Lola and her brother are forced to fend for themselves. The comfortable life they knew is soon forgotten and they begin to experience the Indian city in which they live in totally new way.
This is a nail-biting, atmospheric but ultimately uplifting story about an ordinary girl forced to become extraordinary.
Activities in the pack include making a decorative clay hand, a recipe for Indian flatbreads and learning about extreme weather.
THE IMPORTANT DETAILS:
- Free standard UK P&P is included and international shipping is available too.
- We are happy to include a handwritten note if you are sending this bundle as a gift – pop your message in the box during checkout.
- Each book and its activity pack are presented together with a simple paper belly band.
- Our activity packs, sticker sheets and belly bands are printed on uncoated paper which is fully recyclable.
- We are conscious of not adding any unnecessary plastic or excessive packaging to this bundle.
- This bundle is shipped in a cardboard book wrap and we’d be grateful if you could recycle it.