There’s something magical about hearing children chuckling to themselves as they read a book, isn’t there? This set of three fantastically funny books is the perfect recipe for a laughter-filled summer.
Enjoy 3 funny chapter books with activity packs
- These funny, quirky books deliver laugh-out-loud humour, page-turning mystery and touch on real-life family and friendship issues too.
- These three books were extremely well-received when we sent them out to members of our award-winning subscription book club.
- They are perfectly pitched for readers aged roughly 8 to 12 and both boys and girls will enjoy the stories and fantastic characters.
- Each book comes with an 8-page activity pack that was created specifically to accompany it. We include book club-style questions, word puzzles, facts, jokes, craft projects, a recipe and more, all inspired by the content of that particular book.
- These activities really add to the fun of the bundle but also serve a special purpose – helping children connect more deeply with what they’ve read and how it relates to their own lives.
** This bundle saves you 10% on buying each book and activity pack separately. **
The books are:
The Boy Who Made Everyone Laugh by Helen Rutter
Billy Plimpton dreams of being a stand-up comedian and practises jokes in front of his bedroom mirror each evening. But there’s a problem…he has a pronounced stammer.
Blending laugh-out-loud humour with Billy’s emotional, sometimes heart-wrenching, quest to follow his dream, this is an ultimately uplifting tale about self-belief and friendship.
Activities in the pack include: making a mini box bass, lemon drizzle cake, the history of jazz and designing an album cover.
The Cure for a Crime by Roopa Farooki
Twins Ali and Tulip live with their neurosurgeon mother, who has been ridiculously sleepy since her strange and rather suspicious boyfriend moved in.
With the help of their wild and mysterious Nan-Nan and fellow twin frenemies, Zac and Jay, they set out to solve the mystery.
This is a page-turning adventure with a medical twist. We love the cast of fun and feisty characters that will have the kids chuckling and eager to keep reading to the very end.
Activities in the pack include: baking gingerbread biscuits, making model lungs and designing twinning t-shirts.
Olga and the Smelly Thing from Nowhere by Elise Gravel
Olga is a budding scientist who is fascinated by animals and left bemused by other humans. But when she discovers a strange and ugly creature in her bin, she’s forced to look at things from a new perspective!
This vibrant book is jam-packed with illustrations, thought-bubbles, facts and jokes. It’s quirky and silly but also sees Olga go on an important journey of self-discovery.
Activities in the pack include: making your own documentary, easy-peasy macaroni cheese and facts about zoologist Jane Goodall.
THE IMPORTANT DETAILS:
- Free standard UK P&P included and international shipping is available too.
- We are happy to include a handwritten note if you are sending this bundle as a gift - pop your message in the box during checkout.
This bundle is packed with biodegradable packing chips and shipped in a cardboard box - we’d be grateful if you would recycle it.
You may also be interested to check out our FAQs.