Whether snuggled up at bedtime or relaxing during the day, summer’s the perfect time to enjoy more books as a family. This animal-themed set of three books is perfect for reading aloud with stories the whole family can enjoy.
3 books for animal lovers with activity packs to enjoy
- These fantastic, illustrated chapter books combine adventure, laughter and excitement. Kids will adore the animal and human characters they meet and think a bit more deeply about family, friendship, courage and empathy.
- These three books have been enjoyed by young members of our award-winning subscription book club and their families.
- They’re brilliant for both boys and girls and were sent to children aged roughly 5 to 8 years old.
- All three are chapter books roughly 200 pages long and featuring illustrations throughout. Whilst some subscribers read them independently, many enjoy having these stories read aloud to them.
- Each book comes with an 8-page activity pack including book club-style questions, word puzzles, facts, jokes, craft, a recipe and more, all inspired by the content of that particular book.
- These activities really add to the fun of the bundle but also help children connect more deeply with what they’ve read and how it relates to their own lives.
** This bundle saves you 10% on buying each book and activity pack separately **
The books are:
The Great Dodo Comeback by Fiona SandifordYou’ll be transported to the beautiful island of Mauritius and discover the amazing creatures that live there with this fantastic, science-fuelled adventure.
When rival scientists arrive at Leni’s family hotel determined to de-extinct the dodo, she’s quickly drawn in to helping with their mission. Sadly a local billionaire has other plans and a madcap adventure ensues!
This is a fast-paced adventure filled with fun facts and hilarious characters.
Activities in the pack include: making a flapping parakeet, a recipe for Mauritian favourite dholl puri, designing a snow globe and learning more about the dodo.
The Elephant by Pete Carnavas
Wherever he goes, Olive’s father is followed by a large, grey elephant. It makes him sad and has stopped him from repairing her beloved bike as he promised.
When Olive needs to take her bike to school for a celebration, she decides it’s time to chase the elephant away, enlisting the help of her grandad and best friend.
This gentle, thought-provoking and ultimately uplifting story explores the impact of parental depression through a child’s eyes. Readers will empathise and it’s sure to spark many interesting conversations.
Activities in the pack include: making an elephant bookmark, a recipe for scrambled eggs, facts about elephants and designing a paper aeroplane.
Panda at the Door by Sarah Horne
Get ready for panda-monium! Pudding the Panda lives at Edinburgh Zoo but what she really wants to do is help families, just like her hero: Mary Poppins!
So when Cal emails Pudding, after a disappointing birthday surprise from his family, he’s astounded to discover that she’s escaped from the zoo and is standing on his doorstep ready to help!
Pudding sets to work helping Cal’s family but soon attracts the unwelcome attention of the neighbourhood bully…
This is a funny and heart-warming romp with some important messages and wonderful illustrations throughout.
Activities in the pack include: making a panda mask, a recipe for panda pancakes, facts about pandas and designing a new hat for Pudding!
THE IMPORTANT DETAILS:
- Free standard UK P&P included and international shipping is available too.
- We are happy to include a handwritten note if you are sending this bundle as a gift - pop your message in the box during checkout.
This bundle is packed with biodegradable packing chips and shipped in a cardboard box - we’d be grateful if you would recycle it.
You may also be interested to check out our FAQs.