Whether on the beach or in the back garden, summer is the perfect time for kids to get lost in a good book. This curated set of three books is sure to keep them hooked.
Enjoy 3 adventure stories with activity packs
- Combining fantasy, mystery, a touch of sci-fi and a huge dose of adventure these books complement each other perfectly. Kids will be rooting for the brave, clever, complicated characters they meet as they read.
- These three books have been given the seal of approval by young members of our award-winning subscription book club.
- They’re brilliant for both boys and girls and were originally sent to readers aged roughly 8 to 12.
- Each book comes with an 8-page activity pack that was created specifically to accompany it. We include book club-style questions, word puzzles, facts, jokes, craft projects, a recipe and more, all inspired by the content of that particular book.
- These activities really add to the fun of the bundle but also serve a special purpose – helping children connect more deeply with what they’ve read and how it relates to their own lives.
** This bundle saves you 10% on buying each book and activity pack separately **
The books are:
The Ten Riddles of Eartha Quicksmith by Loris Owen
Lured by a cryptic invitation, Kip Bramley is invited to join Quicksmiths, a secret boarding school for exceptional children where Strange Energy, Wormholes and Timeyarn are on the curriculum.
Soon Kip and his new friends are in a race against time to solve a 400-year-old puzzle set by the school’s founder.
This is fast-paced adventure filled with action and mind-bending puzzles for Kip to unravel.
Activities in the pack include: making a flying squirrel bookmark, baked bean breakfast pizza, squirl doodling and female scientists.
Bigfoot Mountain by Roderick O’Grady
Minnie lives in a cabin between the sea and forest with her step-father Dan. Following the death of her mother they’re struggling to co-exist but all that changes when Minnie discovers enormous footprints she’s certain are from a sasquatch.
Kaayii and his clan are moving across the mountain to escape a devastating fire but find their plans hindered by the cabins on the shore.
As Minnie and Kaayii’s stories entwine we’re taken on an adventure across the mountain that explores the power of nature, friendship and love.
Activities in the pack include: baking an apple pie, creating a piece of nature art, mindful colouring and redwood forests.
The Lightning Catcher by Clare Weze
When Alfie moves from a city to the small village of Folding Ford he discovers that all is not as it seems. Whilst investigating the source of the strangeness Alfie inadvertently releases an electric creature. He tries to befriend it, but quickly discovers that she’s a force too powerful to control.
Fast-paced and funny this sci-fi adventure also touches on important issues around belonging and family.
Activities in the pack include: static electricity experiments, making ginger snaps, drawing a capybara and electrical animals.
THE IMPORTANT DETAILS:
- Free standard UK P&P included and international shipping is available too.
- We are happy to include a handwritten note if you are sending this bundle as a gift - pop your message in the box during checkout.
This bundle is packed with biodegradable packing chips and shipped in a cardboard box - we’d be grateful if you would recycle it.
You may also be interested to check out our FAQs.