Makes 12 crepes
You will need:
- 2 eggs
- 200ml milk
- 75ml water
- 90g plain flour
- 20g cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 50g butter
- Pinch of salt
- To serve: strawberries, chocolate spread or any of your favourite toppings
1. Sift the flour, cocoa powder and salt into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre, add the sugar and eggs and whisk to combine.
2. Put the milk and water in a jug and mix together. Gradually add the liquid to your flour mixture, whisking continuously as you pour. Keep whisking until you have a smooth, thin batter.
3. Put a teaspoon of butter in a frying pan and melt over a medium-high heat.
4. Once the pan is hot and the butter is melted, use a ladle to add around 2 tablespoons of batter to the pan. Tip the pan from side to side until the base is evenly covered with batter. Cook for 30 seconds or until the underside is lightly golden, then use a palette knife to flip the pancake. Cook for a further 15-30 seconds, then slide onto a plate.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you have used up all your batter.
6. Serve your pancakes with sliced strawberries, cream, a spoon of chocolate spread or any of your favourite toppings!