Makes 15-20 cookies
You will need:
- 150g butter, softened
- 90g light brown sugar
- 90g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 220g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 180g dark or milk chocolate drops
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Line two baking sheets with baking paper.
2. Put the butter and sugars in a large bowl and beat together using a handheld mixer until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until fully combined.
3. Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda, chocolate and ¼ tsp salt. Mix together.
4. Scoop generous tablespoons of the mixture onto the prepared trays. The cookies will spread in the oven, so leave plenty of space between each one.
5. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until the cookies are firm at the edge but still soft in the middle.
6. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the tray for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
7. Serve and enjoy!