You will need:
- 285g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 110g butter, softened
- 225g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 ripe bananas
- 85ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180C and grease a 20cm x 12.5cm loaf tin.
2. Put the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Use a handheld mixer to cream them together until light and fluffy.
3. Mash your bananas.
4. Add the eggs, bananas, milk and vanilla extract to the bowl. Mix well.
5. Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Fold into the mixture.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin.
7. Bake in the oven for about an hour until well risen and golden brown on top.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for a few minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely before serving.