Create a recycled plastic plant pot
You will need:
- An empty plastic bottle or pot
- A skewer
- Paint or pens
- Tissue paper or newspaper (optional)
- PVA glue (optional)
- Paint brush (optional)
1. Firstly, decide on the design for your pot. It’s fun to use the height of a bottle to create ears or eyes for a creature. Mark it out roughly on the plastic bottle.
2. Very carefully use a skewer to create a small hole in the upper part of the bottle – asking an adult to help may be best.
3. Push the scissors into the hole and start to cut away the top section of the bottle to leave the shape of your plant pot.
4. Take a scrap piece of the bottle and use it to test out your paints if you plan to use them. If your paint is thick enough to go straight onto the bottle and you’re happy with the effect, skip ahead to step 6. Otherwise, follow the next step to make a paper base to work on.
5. Tear the tissue or newspaper into small pieces. Use PVA glue to stick the paper all over the plant pot in overlapping layers and leave to dry completely.
6. Decorate your plant pot using paint or felt tip pens.