Create a magical felt bookmark
You will need:
- Felt from your pack
- Sequins and gems (optional)
- Glue (optional)
- Needle (optional)
- Embroidery thread (optional)
- Make 4 or 5 vertical cuts in one end of the bookmark to create a tasselled effect.
- Imagine that you’re creating a spell stitch and think about what it would look like. Sketch out the basics of your design on the felt with pencil.
- It’s time to make the design permanent. We chose to use coloured pens to create our intricate stitch pattern. If you’re good at sewing you might like to have a go at creating your stitch with a needle and thread.
- For a bit of extra magic, you might like to use glue to stick some gems or sequins onto key areas of your design.