Get set for adventure with this heart-warming tale illustrated by Axel Scheffler. Accompanied by an activity pack, pin badge, tote bag, pencil and bookmark, it’s a gift that provides hours of fun.
Book gifts are the perfect choice when you’re looking for kids’ presents that are not toys!
The Train Mouse by Uwe Timm has been translated from German and paired with wonderful, full-colour illustrations from superstar illustrator Axel Scheffler. Exploring the thrill of adventure but the importance of home, this story is perfect for boys and girls over 5 years old.
When Nibbles ends up scampering onto a train at his local station, it’s the start of a journey that takes him across Germany and on into Switzerland, France and England. But will he ever make it back to his family and home?
With illustrations throughout this is a lovely book for newly independent readers but also perfect for reading aloud.
★ The 8-page activity pack includes book club-style questions to talk about, jokes, a drawing activity, word puzzles, a recipe for cheese straws and instructions to create your own paper mouse.
★ Bookworms will love our colourful ‘Shh! I’m reading’ tote bag for carrying their goodies.
★ Our 'Hooked on Books' enamel pin looks great on a school bag or denim jacket.
★ The Eat, Sleep, Read, Repeat pencil and premium bookmark, including a reading themed joke, will be useful for years to come.
- The set is made up of a chapter book, activity pack, enamel pin on backing card, cotton tote bag, pencil and bookmark. They are wrapped together in tissue paper.
- If you would like us to add a handwritten note to the set, please just let us know at checkout.
- UK P&P is included for free and international shipping is also available.
- The enamel pin measures 35 x 28 mm and has a metal clutch.
- The cotton tote bag is 280 x 310 mm with a long handle.
- The HB graphite pencil with eraser tip is embossed in silver.
- The sturdy 810 gsm bookmark is 148 x 52 mm.
- We ship sets in a 23 x 17 x 50 mm box and protect them with fully compostable and biodegradable packing chips. Please reuse or recycle them.